I love helping people. Thus, answering questions and providing feedback for others trying to get healthy or stay healthy is something I am really passionate about. Click through each link for a more in depth answer to the most frequently asked questions I receive daily:
How did you lose weight?
- The simple answer is: calorie counting.
- Plus I was inspired by a variety of wonderful sources.
- On a more personal note, be sure to check out my full weight loss story.
What do you eat?
- There is definitely a loose structure to how I eat on a regular basis.
- I also put a lot of thought and planning into how I grocery shop.
Are you on a diet?
- Most certainly not- see my page on eating for my thoughts on this.
- At the beginning of 2013 I started seeing a registered dietitian to help me work through food anxiety that developed when I lost a lot of weight through calorie counting. Trying to lose weight by restricting your caloric intake can put your mind in a diet like state- and I’m trying to stop that from happening.
How do you exercise?
- I try to keep it varied and I always make sure I’m doing exercises and moving my body in ways that I actually enjoy… even if it’s hard work.
What do you consider to be the formula for a healthy lifestyle?
- Everyone is different but I definitely think there are four core elements that lead to a healthy and happy human being:
- Balanced food choices and eating whole, nutritionally dense foods (eating less processed food and making more of your own food)
- Exercising and moving regularly
- Sleeping enough
- Taking care of your mental and emotional health (seeking help when you need it from doctors, making time for yourself to do things that interest you and following your passions, spending time with friends and family, addressing responsibilities in your life like your job and doing your laundry, and having fun) aka food and exercise are not everything.
What are your current goals and ambitions in regards to a healthy lifestyle?
- Check out my post that addressed my 2013 resolutions!
- Currently my number one goal (and I think one that I will carry with me for the rest of my life) is to just live a life of balance