I realize my past posts have been downers. That’s what happens when you don’t feel well I suppose. But life hasn’t been all doom and gloom- and I know being positive is one of the keys to good health- so this post is my attempt to turn the page and focus on the good.
Some blessings from this week…
- There are beautiful flowers in my apartment from Valentines Day (red tulips from Will + colorful tulips from my parents) that have been brightening my days.
- I’ve been getting a ton of sleep. Because I’m not waking up early to workout, I’ve been getting at least an extra hour of sleep a night. That’s been nice.
- And not getting up before Will means that I get to wake up with him- which just feels like a treasure.
- With the snow on Tuesday and the Federal Government being closed, Will was working from home and we got to take a quick walk together (to CVS) on a random Tuesday afternoon in the (cold) sunshine.
- Also on the snow day, I made a loaded banana bread with raisins, coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans… and its been everything.
- I have sort of lost my appetite and have only been craving comfort foods. I caved Wednesday night, went to The Diner, and had blueberry pancakes for dinner.
- My left foot, which is normally plagued with plantar fasciitis pain and hammer toe woes- has been able to rest and breathe a lot more. I’ve been off my feet most days and resting a whole lot so my foot doesn’t hurt.
- When I was stretching last night, I felt so much more limber and able bodied. Which sounds weird because I was sick- but without the normal pains of working out, I didn’t feel tight or overly sore anywhere. My knees felt pretty normal and my legs felt stronger.
- Restorative/Yin yoga has been great to do at home. Any yoga practice that involves me basically resting in different positions using pillows + blankets is all right with me.
- I haven’t been drinking coffee (which I’ve been meaning to try to do without for some time now) and opting to drink a lot more tea. I’m currently having a love affair with tea + honey + coconut milk.
And things I’m looking forward to…
- Getting better fully! And in good health, taking better care of myself
- Running in slightly warmer temperatures. I miss it a lot.
- Going to Baton Rouge in 20 days to visit my BFF Kate!!!
- Will and I just purchased our first baseball tickets for the 2015 season! And they’re for a Sox vs. Yankees game at Yankee Stadium ahhhhhhh!
- Having a full weekend off work next weekend + brunch plans for both Saturday and Sunday.
- Chipotle for dinner tonight where I will eat all the guac!!!
- TODAY was pay day! And I used some of that sweet cash to buy some eating evolved coconut butter cups.
Keep it wicked healthy.